Hypothesis, Materials List & Hypothesis Testing Procedure
(for an experiment or investigation)
DIRECTIONS FOR WRITING A HYPOTHESIS:
1) Read the following link on Variables for Beginners.
2) Read the link on Variables. This will help you to develop a good hypothesis.
4) After reading the information on these links type a “Strong” Hypothesis using 12 pt. font.
DIRECTIONS FOR WRITING A MATERIALS LIST AND A STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE FOR AN EXPERIMENT:
1) Read the following link on Experimental Procedure.
2) Read the following link on Materials list.
3) After reading the information at these links type a detailed materials list and construct a step by step procedure for your experiment using 12 pt. font.
4) Include your first and last name (period) and partner’s first and last name (if you have a partner, and their period).
5) Include the following typed Section Headings (single spaced, 12 pt. font):
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
a) Write your science project problem. Preferably in question format. This will be one sentence.
a) Write a strong hypothesis using good grammar.
a) Write a detailed materials list without skipping lines.
PROCEDURE FOR TESTING HYPOTHESIS
a) This is a step by step procedure that someone unfamiliar with the experiment should be able to follow. Provide thorough details.